What Are Five Areas of Focus When Installing Compressed Air Equipment
Maybe you’re in the market to purchase compressed air equipment. Or, maybe you currently have your unit and are curious about proper installation, staying under warranty, and meeting installation codes. We get it. We know there’s a lot to consider, especially if you are installing compressed air equipment for the first time.
Have no fear. To help you get started, we created five common areas of focus to consider when installing compressed air equipment.
5 Areas of Focus for Compressed Air Installation:
- First of all, we encourage you to always plan for future maintenance, repairs and growth of your system. You don’t want misplacement of equipment resolving in blockage of paths during emergencies or even when common maintenance is needed. Therefore, we suggest considering the size of the technicians performing your frequent maintenance.
- Next, evaluate where drains, tanks and piping must go before installing. Especially when it comes to future inspections and draining.
- Then, inspect the room your equipment will reside. Is there ventilation? What is the quality of air like? What will the temperature in the room be throughout the seasons?
- Now, think about power requirements, sizes of the machines and if they will fit in the space allotted. You’ll be surprised how many pieces of equipment show up on site and they can’t even get through the door.
- Finally, look over operation manuals. Equipment has its own specific needs and provides operation manuals to determine how much service is required to operate effectively. In addition, operation manuals tell you how often to order parts to ensure your unit stays under warranty. Further, you can also visit our maintenance checklist that provide a general idea of service required.
Whatever types and brands of equipment: filters, tanks, dryers, compressors, etc., JHFoster can service your equipment. We specialize in compressed air, fluid cooling, piping design, installation, and service in MN, WI, ND, SD and IA. We provide you with expertise and knowledge through the entire process of increasing the efficiency of your compressed air system.
Frequently Asked Compressor Questions
We have maintenance checklists available for your maintenance crew, but we advise that you carefully read your equipment’s manual to be sure you know of the frequent service your system will need. JHFoster also offers a preventive service program. For more details or answers to your questions, please call us at 800.582.5162.
JHFoster can service, maintain and source most brands and types of compressed air equipment. We also are able to design and retrofit your existing systems to minimize costly upgrades. You can view this article to see what we have done for other companies.
JHFoster offers a 24-hour Emergency Service to meet you at the most unexpected times of downtime. Our 24-hour technicians are ready to go at a moment’s notice seven days a week, including holidays, to repair your air compressor. Our 24-hour emergency service can be reached at 800.582.5162.
John Henry Foster offers training events to give your maintenance crew some of the skills our service team uses. For more details please call us at 800.582.5162.