Most Common Industrial Air Compressor Brands
Industrial air compressor manufacturing is a booming industry. There are global companies offering a range of different compressors with varying capacities. Ask different suppliers about the most common air suppressors, and you may be given different lists.
These companies may specialize in specific industrial compressors to cater to a niche industry, or they may offer several different brands to provide a diverse selection of systems. Some of the most common compressors that are available include:
- Scroll compressors: Scroll air compressors have two parts inside the chamber formed in a spiral-shaped scroll. One scroll is stationary while the other moves in a tight circular motion inside the stationary scroll to compress the air inside the chamber. These types of systems are considered positive displacement compressors.
- Rotary vane compressors: Rotary vane air compressors are positive displacement compressors. The system has a cylindrical rotor designed with grooves for the vanes as the rotor almost comes in contact with the housing. Using centrifugal force, the vanes become pushed out as the air between each vane is trapped and compressed.
- Centrifugal compressors: Centrifugal compressors are considered rotodynamic. They use diffusers to cool the incoming air. The impellers increase the speed of the air to build up the pressure and potential energy.
- Reciprocating compressors: Reciprocating compressors are positive displacement compressors that have a cylinder with a piston inside. The piston displaces the air and compresses it to build the air to the specific pressure rate. They are available in oil-lubricated, oil-less, and oil free as some types of reciprocating compressors include diaphragm and in-line compressors
- Rotary screw compressors: Rotary screw compressors are another type of positive displacement compressors. They use internal rotors to generate energy and air pressure by rotating in different, opposite directions as they are designed for continuous use. They may be lubricated with oil or are oil-free.
Positive displacement compressors have chambers that draw in air and then compresses it to the right pressure for the application. Rotodynamic uses moving parts and the impellers to speed up the air to the right velocity. Here are some of the most common industrial brands that you may run across.
For the Quincy Compressor company located in Bay Minette, AL, they manufacture reciprocating air compressors that are pressure lubricated. These compressors come in one stage and two stage models while offering ½ to 25 horsepower. Besides standard reciprocating compressors, the company also offers portable compressors ideal for backup operations for movable job sites. They also have climate control reciprocating compressors for specialized applications.
Gardner Denver is located in Quincy, Illinois as they provide industrial compressors of all types. In business since 1859, they offer low pressure, medium pressure, and high pressure reciprocating compressors. They also make oil-free reciprocating compressors, rotary scroll compressors, rotary screw compressors, rotary vane compressors, centrifugal compressors, and oil-free compressors. These compressors may offer variable speeds or fixed speeds. The company is considered one of the top industrial air compressor manufacturers in the world.
Atlas Copco makes rotary positive compressors that are oil free and oil injected. They also specialize in reciprocating compressors, portable compressors, blowers, and turbo compressors. The manufacturing company was started in 1873 in Stockholm as it has operations in over 180 countries, including a headquarters based in Rock Hill, South Carolina, In addition to industrial compressors, the company makes specialty high-end compressors such as dental compressors and workshop compressors.
Ingersoll-Rand is another company that makes rotary positive compressors. These compressors are one stage and two stage and they come in oil-free and oil-injected models. The company has been in business since 1871 when established in Dublin, Ireland. In addition to rotary compressors, they also offer centrifugal compressors and reciprocating compressors. They work with all sized businesses, as well as small home compressors.
For companies looking for used or new compressors, Kaeser Compressors accommodates many industries. The company sets itself apart from the competition by not only offering new compressors, but also customized compressors and used ones that can accommodate companies with varying budgets. The company specializes in rotary compressors that are air cooled and water-injected that are oil free.
Around since 1847, Siemens offers industrial air compressors focused on specific applications such as gas, oil, and process operations. They are a multinational company with operations around the globe. Siemens manufacturers reciprocating compressors as well as turbo compressors. The company also has operations in fields such as healthcare, infrastructure, and energy.
Compressors from John Henry Foster
John Henry Foster is a leading distributor of industrial air compressors. We offer climate controlled compressors, medical and vacuum compressors, oil lubricated compressors and oil free/oil less compressors. Brands that we offer include Gardner Denver, Quincy Compressors, and numerous others. We also service most compressor brands even if we are not a distributor of that specific brand. If there is a type of industrial compressor that you are searching for, or a specific brand that you desire for your operations, contact our specialized team. We offer air compressor equipment, parts, and servicing. So if you require setup, installation or need repairs to fix a problem, John Henry Foster has the solutions for your company’s budget.