Robotic automation is simply a variation of automation that uses robotic technology to simplify a task or application. Robots perform tasks that range from painting a car in a factory to packaging food product. There is a large array of robot types, as well as, robotic accessories.
Let’s dive into the different types of robots and the applications that can be simplified with robotic automation.
Different Types of Robots
There are many different types of industrial robots. Each robot is unique in its own way and has benefits over the others. By far the “safest” robot to work alongside human employees would be the Collaborative Robot. Although they have a smaller payload, Cobots (Collaborative Robots) are equipped with safety features to eliminate harm to humans working in the area.
Below you will find a list of common types of robots:
- Cartesian Robots – Most commonly used for industrial applications such as CNC machines and 3D printing
- SCARA Robots – Typically used for assembly and palletizing, as well as bio-med application
- Articulated Robots – Applications are assembly, arc welding, material handling, machine tending, and packaging
- Delta Robots – Used for fast pick and place applications in the food, pharmaceutical, and electronic industries
- Polar Robots – Commonly used for die casting, injection molding, welding, and material handling
- Collaborative Robots (Cobots) – Typically used for pick and place, palletizing, quality inspection, and machine tending
Applications Robotic Automation Is Commonly Used For
There are nearly endless applications that robots can be used for. Robots have been seen painting cars in manufacturing facilities and have even done the work of pastry making. If the task is monotonous or repetitive, a robot can perform it.
Below we have a list of common applications that robots perform:
1. Pick and Place
2. Injection Molding
4. Packaging and Palletizing
5. Quality Inspection
8. Machine Tending
9. Screw Driving
10. Lab Analysis and Testing
11. Gluing, Dispensing and Welding
12. Your Industrial Robot Application
Industries Robotic Automation Is Commonly Used In
There are many industries using the power of robotic automation right now as you read this. Robotic automation can be used in nearly any industry due to robots’ sanitary make-up and contamination-free operation. As long as a task is repetitive and repeatable, a robot can perform the task.
Below we have a few industries that robots can be found in:
Let us help you automate repetitive tasks within your business using the power of robotic automation. Our robotic experts are positioned to support your productivity and efficiency needs. Please contact us today at 651.452.8452 or email us to learn more.