Automating applications and workplace safety
We know that serious workplace injuries happen far too often. In fact, in 2015, 4,836 workers were killed on the job*. In addition, there were also around three workplace incidents recorded per 100 employees in 2015.
Electrical Control Panels are used to stop some of these incidents. They make production easier and improve workplace safety. Furthermore, they streamline your manufacturing. This allows your employees to work more efficiently.
Have you thought about if you are at risk of violating the standards?
Top 10 Work Place Hazards
As reported by the US Department of Labor, the Top 10 most often sited OSHA standards broken in 2016 (Oct. 1, 2015 through Sept. 30, 2016) include:
1. Fall protection
2. Hazard communications
3. Scaffolding requirements
4. Respiratory protection
5. Powered industrial trucks
6. Control of hazardous energy (lockout/tagout)
8. Electrical, wiring methods, components and equipment
9. Machinery and machine guarding
10. Electrical systems design
Electrical Control Panels Improve Workplace Safety
There are several examples of ways in which electrical panels have prevented and stopped injury in the workplace.
1. Two hand anti-tie downs (they keep employees out of the work area).
2. Panels prevent your employees from getting into pinch points.
3. Your equipment safely stops with the help of light curtains, safety mats and area sensors.
4. Self monitoring. (For example, safety PLC’s and safety-related drives monitor themselves for failure.)
5. Safe torque off, safe operating stop and safely limited speed functions operate motors safely.
6. Redundant electronics maintain a safe work environment.
7. You can control motion force and speed better than you can with pneumatics
Ensure Your Applications Are Safe
Are you providing a safe work environment?
Often, we see common hazards when it comes to unsafe systems in today’s workplace. First, using electrical control panels for worker safety is on the top of our minds. Secondly, JHFoster gives the best quality electrical control panels. Thirdly, we take pride in quality engineering.
Being a leader in electrical panel design lets us give you the best quality electrical safety parts. JHFoster finds ways that we can help stop workplace injuries and make processes easier.
Our line of safety products are available for assembly. Or you can order one item ready to install too. Furthermore, you can buy products in one purchase order.
JHFoster is here to help you focus your efforts on increasing productivity and lowering costs. We want to help you produce better product quality and create a safer workplace.