Who we are
We are trustworthy and reliable, follow through with our commitments, do the right thing, and show ownership & accountability for our work.
Vibrant and enduring relationships are the cornerstone of our success. We treat employees, customers, vendors, and the community with care and respect. We collaborate to provide a full spectrum of services that fulfill customer needs.
We believe that long-term investments in people, products, and profits will sustain our business for the long-term regardless of obstacles. This is evidenced by our long history of high employee & customer engagement, cohesive and tenured leadership team, relevant and value-added products, services & support, consistent profits, community engagement, and respect for the environment.
Easy to do Business With
Our commitment to the customer experience is demonstrated through easy access to service and solutions 24/7 – 365 days a year. Customers receive professional, above and beyond, efficient and customized support when they need it.
Passion for Excellence
As the industry leader, we continuously pursue and demand excellence in products & services, innovation, safety, quality, and company growth.
Why Our Clients Choose to Do Business With Us
“John Henry Foster has been my go-to pneumatic supplier for the last three years. Prior to that, our now retired pneumatic designer/buyer used JHF for all of his pneumatic purchases for as long as I can remember.”
“JHF over the last 20 years has been very instrumental in helping with our compressed air and vacuum pump products and parts. Also providing not only quality but timely service for equipment repairs and troubleshooting issues. We look forward to working with them in the future.”
“JHF has provided timely service, competitive pricing, and has proven to be knowledgeable in sizing pipe, vacuum pumps, and ultrasonic leak detection.”
Giving Back to the Community
John Henry Foster Adopts A Road
Giving Back to the Eagan Community Nine employees from John Henry Foster volunteered their time to clean up the streets of Eagan… Read more →
JHF donates $10,000 worth of food
Where there is food, there’s HOPE! In the month of March, John Henry Foster (Eagan, Minnesota) gifted a $1,000 check to The Open… Read more →
John Henry Foster Time Line
1930s - 1940s- In 1938, John Henry Foster Minnesota was established and evolved into a small office at 1014 2nd Avenue South in Minneapolis.
- In the 1940s, Mr. Foster moved south and established an office called JHF in St. Louis, Missouri.
1950s- In 1950, Mr. Ed Mayhew started working for John Henry Foster in Minnesota.
- John Henry Foster moved twice during this time (1951 and 1957) to accomodate growth.
- In 1955, John Henry Foster Minnesota partnered with both the supply and demand sides of compressed air systems and expanded its portfolio by becoming a capital equipment distributor for Quincy Compressors.
1970s- 1978, the first service truck is purchased.
- In 1979, Mr. John Hawkins, a regional manager for Quincy Compressors, was recruited by Mr. Mayhew after a game of golf to be the new sales manager for John Henry Foster. There were 20 full-time employees.
1980s- October 1981, groundbreaking began on the new John Henry Foster building on Mike Collins Drive in Eagan, Minnesota. Mr. Mayhew picked the address because John Henry Foster was the first building on the street. He picked #3103 because it was his first selling fitting.
- In 1983, Mr. Mayhew became the new owner and purchased the Eagan, Minnesota building from Mr. John Henry Foster.
- Mr. Bob Gau (working in the same industry) purchased JHF from Mr. John Henry Foster in St. Louis, Missouri.
1990s- In 1992, John Hawkins is appointed President.
- In 1999, John Hawkins becomes operating CEO and owner and leads a team of inside and outside sales representatives trained to assist customers 24/7.
2000s- John Henry Foster grew into one of the largest compressed air and vacuum equipment distributor in the Midwest.
- The Service and Maintenance Department is one of the largest in the five-state area.
- John Henry Foster offers PLC interface with pneumatic devices, providing smart programming to automate a vast array of production and assembly processes.
2010s- In 2012, John Henry Foster has over 85 employees and in 2013, breaks ground on an 8200 square foot building expansion.
- John Henry Foster breaks a record and saves a client $168K in energy costs from an air audit study.
- In 2014, there are over 95 employees with a 30,700 square-foot facility stocking over $4 million in product inventory and Jan Hawkins becomes President and COO.
- In 2015, John Henry Foster’s team of service technicians are ASSE 6040 certified for medical system servicing.
Download John Henry Foster Corporate Brochure